Jobs at the CBMSO
Centro de Biología Molecular (CBM Severo Ochoa) is seeking Group Leaders with tenured or tenure-track positions.
The Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa is one of the largest biomedical research institutes in Spain. The strength and excellence of the CBM emanate from its multidisciplinary research focused on the fundamental mechanisms of life. Research at the CBM aims at understanding how genetic and environmental alterations impact those basic mechanisms and at translating this knowledge with the goal of improving human health and welfare.
The CBM has been the cradle of modern molecular biology in Spain and now aims at being at the forefront of molecular biomedicine, by, among other initiatives, renewing and reorganizing its research programs. With this goal in mind, the CBM wishes to recruit Group Leaders with an excellent scientific track record interested in joining our scientific programs (see our webpage).
Requirements of the candidates:
- To hold a tenure or tenured-track position in Institutes or Departments of CSIC or UAM (or other OPIs/Universities that permit transfer to any of these two Institutions)
- To be preferentially at a career stage that allows the development of a long-term research program
- To have a strong capacity to attract private and public competitive funding
- To work in one of the following research areas:
- Cell-cell communication / Tissue and organ homeostasis
- Genome decoding / RNA regulatory networks
- Immune System Development and Function/Microbial pathogenesis
- Brain-Metabolism Connection
The CBM will provide access to laboratory space, state-of-the-art technologies and core facilities within a vibrant scientific and academic environment at the Campus of International Excellence UAM+CSIC.
Candidates should send their CVA (4 pages) and a motivation letter indicating the Program they would like to join to email@example.com BEFORE 1st MARCH 2020.
Pre-selected candidates will be interviewed by the Internal Scientific Committee and asked to deliver a seminar at CBM.